Sunday, April 24, 2016

Road to parenthood- update...




Road to parenthood!

If you were to ask, "are we there yet?" the answer would be- almost! no more pit stops, no more snacks, no more pulling over to see the worlds largest ball of twine or to fill up at the gas station.  

Of course, the reality is, snacking continues full speed, and the pit stops are numerous.

Trevor and I have been so incredibly lucky to have not one, but TWO fabulous baby showers hosted by our amazing parents.  Our baby is spoiled before she is even born!  Or maybe we are, but we are so overjoyed about our new adventure, and its been great to share the ride.

Somewhat out of order, but here goes: Worcester did not know that a wine bar could be the perfect venue for a baby shower.  Why not?!

remain calm. look like you know what you are doing.



things change and change again, but Em and I have been friends for 25+ years- that's more than a quarter of a century! 

If you had told Michelle and I first year of med school that in 8.5 years we would be on the east coast, psychiatrists, celebrating babies... complete disbelief, I think. 

The happy Oldak grandparents!  Thank you for your love and support!

there were so many babies at this event, so many!
Kerry and I enjoying the moment!

proud grandma DeGrush and I

bad picture of a picture, but these are a few of my awesome friends first, coworkers second :)

We also had a shower in Schenectady, with lots of family and friends too! and lots and lots of pink:
lots of  FitzGibbon ladies

The ultimate trifecta of going-to-be-awesome grandaunts/grandmom

PINK!

(Technically) 4 DeGrush generations in one pic! So overjoyed Gram Thelma could make it to celebrate yet ANOTHER great grandbaby!

they made me wear a crown.

Besties with bumps- or the start of bumps!


the venue was very special- The Van Dyck Restaurant has seen my parents wedding reception, as well as numerous other special occasions for the FitzGibbon clan. 


 So, partying aside, the adventure of pregnancy mostly involves a lot of lying down, drinking water, and conveniently enough eating a LOT of easter candy (it could have been the time of year, I suppose if one were pregnant during Halloween that would involve excessive candycorn consumption?)

Olive appears to have noticed something is up, but just like us, she's got no clue what is coming next.


And now, for your viewing enjoyment, the classic prego bathroom selfie timeline, from approx 15 weeks to 38 weeks, with toilet and other bathroom accoutrements for added class.
one would think I would have eventually just asked Trev to take a few.
Next Stop- BABY.

No comments:

Post a Comment